George Ticknor (gusht 1, 1791 – januar 26, 1871), ka qene nje akademik American dhe Hispanist, i specializuar ne çeshtje te fushes se gjuhëve dhe letërsi. Ai është i njohur per punimet e tij shkollore ne histori dhe kriticizëm per letërsinë spanjolle.
Ticknor's minor works include, besides occasional reviews and papers:
- Syllabus of a Course of Lectures on the History and Criticism of Spanish Literature (1823)
- Outline of the Principal Events in the Life of General Lafayette (1825)
- Remarks on Changes Lately Proposed or Adopted in Harvard University (1825)
- The Remains of Nathan Appleton Haven, with a Memoir of his Life (1827)
- Remarks on the Life and Writings of Daniel Webster (1831)
- Lecture on the Best Methods of Teaching the Living Languages, delivered, in 1832, before the American Institute of Education
- the Life of William Hickling Prescott (1864).
See Life, Letters and Journals of George Ticknor (2 vols., 1876), by George S Hillard and Mrs Anna (Eliot) Ticknor and Miss Anna Eliot Ticknor. This book was edited, with a critical introduction, in 1909, by Ferris Greenslet.