| last =
| first =
| author-link =
| last2 =
| first2 =
| author2-link =
| year =
| date =
| publication-date =
| contribution =
| contribution-url =
| editor-last =
| editor-first =
| editor-link =
| editor2-last =
| editor2-first =
| editor2-link =
| title =
| edition =
| series =
| place =
| publication-place =
| publisher =
| volume =
| pages =
| id =
| isbn =
| doi =
| oclc =
| url =
- last (or last1): The first author's surname or last name.
- first (or first1): The first author's first or given name(s).
- author-link (or author1-link): Title of an existing Wikipedia article about the first author.
- last2, last3, last4: The second, third, and fourth authors' surname or last name, if applicable.
- first2, first3, first4: The second, third, and fourth authors' first or given name(s), if applicable.
- author2-link, author3-link, author4-link: Title of an existing Wikipedia article about the second, third, and fourth author, if applicable.
- year: Year of authorship or publication. (Mandatory for use with links from Template:Harvard citation. In some situations, the template may be able to derive a year from the full date.)
- date: Date of authorship or publication.
- publication-date: Date of publication (if different than date).
- contribution (or chapter): Title of the contribution or chapter.
- contribution-url (or chapter-url): URL of the contribution or chapter.
- editor-last (or editor1-last): The first editor's surname or last name.
- editor-first (or editor1-first): The first editor's first or given name(s).
- editor-link (or editor1-link): Title of an existing Wikipedia article about the first editor.
- editor2-last, editor3-last, editor4-last: The second, third, and fourth editor' surname or last name, if applicable.
- editor2-first, editor3-first, editor4-first: The second, third, and fourth editors' first or given name(s), if applicable.
- editor2-link, editor3-link, editor4-link: Title of an existing Wikipedia article about the second, third, and fourth editor, if applicable.
- title: Title of the book or compilation.
- edition: Number or name of the edition, if not the first; for example: edition=2nd.
- series: Series of which this periodical is a part.
- volume: The volume number of a multi-volume book or compilation.
- place (or location): The place where the article, encyclopedia entry, or other included item was created. Usually, this is collective work's city of publication; if not, then use the separate publication-place parameter. If more than one town/city is listed on the title page, give the first one or the location of the publisher's head office. If the city is not well-known, you may add a county, region, or state. States in the U.S. are denoted by a two-letter code; for example:
place=Paris, TX (no period at the end). Where the publisher is a university and the place or location is included in the name of the university, do not use this parameter.
- publication-place. The place where the collective work was published (if different from place or location).
- publisher: The name of the publisher. Omit terms such as Publishers, Co., Inc., Ltd., etc., but retain the words Books or Press.
- id: Identifier such as ISBN 1–111–22222–9
- isbn: Use this parameter if the book or compilation has an ISBN.
- doi: A digital object identifier such as 10.1016/j.coi.2004.08.001.
- oclc: Online Computer Library Center ID number, such as 3185581
- url: An url of an online location where the book or compilationcan be found.
- accessdate: Date when the url was accessed. Unlinked ISO 8601 format is preferred.