Steven "Steve" Horwitz (lindur 7 shkurt 1964) është një ekonomist amerikan i traditës së shkollës austriake.
Libra dhe monografi[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
Si autor[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
- Monetary Evolution, Free Banking, and Economic Order, (Westview Press, 1992) ISBN 0-8133-8514-8.
- Of Human Action but not Human Design’: Liberalism in the Tradition of the Scottish Enlightenment, 1999 Annual Frank P. Piskor Lecture, (St. Lawrence University, 2000) ASIN: B0006RFQ0G.
- Microfoundations and Macroeconomics: An Austrian Perspective, (Routledge, 2000) ISBN 0-415-19762-7. Co-winner of the 2001 Smith Prize in Austrian Economics for the best contribution to Austrian economics published in the previous three years.
Artikuj të zgjedhur[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
Si autor apo bashkë-autor[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
- “Beyond Equilibrium Economics: Reflections on the Uniqueness of the Austrian Tradition,” (with Peter J. Boettke and David L. Prychitko), Market Process, 4 (2), Fall 1986, pp. 6–9, 20-25.
- “Competitive Currencies, Legal Restrictions, and the Origins of the Fed: Some Evidence from the Panic of 1907,” Southern Economic Journal, 56 (3), January 1990, pp. 639–49.
- “Monetary Exchange as an Extra-Linguistic Social Communication Process,” Review of Social Economy, 50 (2), Summer 1992, pp. 193–214.
- “Money, Money Prices, and the Socialist Calculation Debate,” Advances in Austrian Economics, 3, 1996, pp. 59–77.
- “Capital Theory, Inflation, and Deflation: The Austrians and Monetary Disequilibrium Theory Compared,” Journal of the History of Economic Thought, 18 (2), Fall 1996, pp. 287–308.
- “Monetary Calculation and Mises’s Critique of Planning,” History of Political Economy, 30 (3), Fall 1998, pp. 427–50.
- “From The Sensory Order to the Liberal Order: Hayek’s Non-rationalist Liberalism,” Review of Austrian Economics, 13 (1), March 2000, pp. 23–40.
- “From Smith to Menger to Hayek: Liberalism in the Spontaneous Order Tradition,” The Independent Review, 6 (1), Summer 2001, pp 81–97.
- “The Costs of Inflation Revisited,” Review of Austrian Economics, 16 (1), March 2003, pp. 77–95.
- “The Functions of the Family in the Great Society,” Cambridge Journal of Economics, 29 (5), September 2005, pp. 669–84.
- “Heterogeneous Human Capital, Uncertainty, and the Structure of Plans: A Market Process Approach to Marriage and Divorce” (with Peter Lewin), Review of Austrian Economics, 21 (1), March 2008, pp. 1–21.
- “Making Hurricane Response More Effective: Lessons from the Private Sector and the Coast Guard During Katrina” Policy Comment #17, Mercatus Center, Washington, DC, March 19, 2008.
- Horwitz, Steven (2008). "Hoover's Economic Policies". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.
Referime dhe shënime[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
Lidhje të jashtme[Redakto | Redakto nëpërmjet kodit]
- Horwitz’s webpage
- Coordination Problem weblog
- Horwitz's bio at the Mercatus Center