Paulus Orosius (b. reth 375, d. jo më parë se 418), jo rrallë në anglisht Paul Orosius , ka qënë një historian, teologjistKristian dhe student i Augustine të Hippos nga Gallaecia. Ai u bë njohuri për Historiarum Adversum Paganos Libri VII ("Seven Books of History Against the Pagans").
Shih edhe[redakto | përpunoni burim]
Shënime[redakto | përpunoni burim]
- ^ David Rohrbacher, "Orosius," in The Historians of Late Antiquity (Routledge, 2002), pp. 135–137. Rohrbacher bases the date of birth on Augustine's description of Orosius as a "young priest" and a "son by age" in the period 414–418, which would place his age at 30 or younger. Rohrbacher further speculates (p. 137) that Orosius may have died in a shipwreck while attempting to return to Spain after visiting Palestine and Africa, since nothing is heard of him after 418, which is also the likely date of completion of his book.
Referenca[redakto | përpunoni burim]
Lidhje të jashtme[redakto | përpunoni burim]
- Orosius' Historiarum Adversum Paganos Libri VII at The Latin Library (in Latin)
- Orosius' Historiae Adversum Paganos at Attalus (in Latin)
- Orosius' History against the pagans (in English)
- Orosius as a source for Ibn Khaldun
- A collection of links on Orosius
- Opera Omnia by Migne Patrologia Latina with Analytical Indexes
- Orosius (c. 417), Alfred the Great; Barrington, Daines, red., The Anglo-Saxon Version, from the Historian Orosius, London: Printed by W. Bowyer and J. Nichols and sold by S. Baker(publikuar 1773), marrë më 2008-08-17