Alfabeti i Vithkuqit
Alfabeti i Vithkuqii te ashtequajturit Büthakukye ose Beitha Kukju sipas emrit qe i vuri albanisti gjerman Johann Georg von Hahn, ka qene një alfabet i shpikur për të shkruargjuha shqipe midis 1825 dhe 1845 nga patrioti shqiptar Naum Veqilharxhi. Though the script is sometimes erroneuosly claimed to be named after its inventor, as in Carl Faulmann's Das Buch der Schrift, the alphabet's name is derived from Vithkuq, a village in the Korçë region where Veqilharxhi was born. Vithkuqi script was specifically designed to be as religiously neutral as possible, avoiding the duplication of Greek, latin, or Arabic characters. It had a near-perfect correspondence between letters and phonemes, but lacked characters for modern Albanian "rr", "xh", and "zh". The script never took hold because of its inventor's premature death and because of the prohibitive costs of cutting new type for the invented characters; nevertheless, a number of documents utilizing the script were published in the late nineteenth century. The script was eventually overwhelmed by the Greek, Arabic and Latin scripts it had been designed to supplant, the latter becoming the official one in 1909.
Referenca[redakto | redakto tekstin burimor]
- Diringer, David. (1949). The Alphabet.
- Straehle, Carolin. (1974). International journal of the sociology of language. Mouton.
- Десницкая, А. В. (1968). Албанский язык и его диалекты.
- Десницкая, А. В. (1987). Албанская литература и албанский язык.
- Elsie, Robert. (1995). The Elbasan Gospel Manuscript (Anonimi i Elbasanit), 1761, and the struggle for an original Albanian alphabet.
- Faulmann, Karl. (1880). Das Buch der Schrift.
- Veqilharxhi, Naum. (1845). Evëtori Shqip Fort i shkurtër.